Happy Wednesday Peace Seekers!
Around here we’re bracing for the Hurricane. We’re a few hours from the beach but it’s better to be safe than sorry. I’m super concerned for the wild horses on our coast, on the barrier islands. I need them to be safe. I am hoping they have followed their animal instincts and left days ago, swimming to some place safe.
My Paw-Paw always said animals knew. They know when the season is going to change, when a storm is coming, a good person from a bad person…
If my Nona saw chickens crossing the yard to go to roost in the middle of the day she knew rain was on the way and off we would head out to gather the laundry hanging on the line.
So, today is Wednesday, words of wisdom! Inspired by Mother Nature and all her power and glory.
- “Storms are nature’s way of evening out the odds.”
- Nature is so powerful, so strong. Capturing its essence is not easy – your work becomes a dance with light and the weather. It takes you to a place within yourself. Annie Leibovitz
- “Sometimes, life becomes a painting all by itself.”
- A change in the weather is sufficient to recreate the world and ourselves. Marcel Proust
- I pass my time in the open air on the beach when it is really heavy weather or when the boats go out fishing. Claude Monet
- “Nature was pure, and still is.”
- “A tempest awaits those foolish enough to defy Mother Nature.”
- “Hell hath no fury like Mother Nature.”
- “Our man made canyons have a surreal beauty about them, but it is Mother Nature’s canyons that are spectacular.”
- Weather means more when you have a garden. There’s nothing like listening to a shower and thinking how it is soaking in around your green beans. Marcelene Cox
Today, I’m making bread and doing laundry and making art and maybe just maybe, I’ll take a nap because I really really really want one and I hardly ever take naps so when my body says to me…’I’m tired. I want to close my eyes a few minutes on a yoga mat on the floor under the ceiling fan,’ I think I should listen and I’m trying to practice more self care so I think I must obey. And I did practice Ashtanga for two hours again this morning and cleaned the bathroom and fed the animals and made a big breakfast as usual and did the dishes as usual…so we’ll see in a bit. Maybe I’ll just rearrange some furniture and eat a protein power bar lol.
I hope your day is beautiful and maybe you can stop by again tomorrow?