ashtanga and art seem to be the driving forces in my life these days, peace seekers, along with the continuous process of purging over 50 years of life stuff both internal and external. i say that because it seems to me that the more stuff i rid myself and home of the more freedom i feel both inside and out. today the purge continues.
it’s wednesday so that means words of somebody’s wisdom. but words on what subject today, ashtanga or purging or both?
i’m feeling so much bliss from the two hours i just finished practicing ashtanga so i’m going with that peace vibe…here we go…
- ”Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.” ~ Jason Crandell
- “ Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built.” ~ Rumi
- “One becomes firmly established in practice only after attending to it for a long time, without interruption and with an attitude of devotion.” ~ Yoga Sutra I.14
- “Undisturbed calmness of mind is attained by cultivating friendliness toward the happy, compassion for the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and indifference toward the wicked.” ~ Yoga Sutras
- “To perform every action artfully is yoga.” ~ Swami Kripalu
- “When we can remove the masks of our own making, then the one who has been longing to be seen sees itself unbounded, just as it is.”
- “Let your practice be a celebration of life” ~ Seido lee deBarros
- “Desire, ask, believe, receive.” ~ Stella Terrill Mann
- “Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.”
- ”I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. My wisdom flows from the Highest Source. I salute that Source in you. Let us work together for unity and love.” ~ Gandhi
i saved the most beautiful one [quote] for last. and with these words i’m going to go make bread and put my laundry in the dryer and moved peacefully into this day like a continuous yoga flow.
rainy will be coming to lunch. i’ll be making eggplant sandwiches and potato wedges. after lunch i’ll purge rainy’s old room for a while and hopefully i’ll get some art done too.
meet me back here tomorrow if you can and i hope you can!!