- Play and play often…badminton, backgammon, mancala, a board game, hula hoop, dance around the living room just do something that reminds you you are indeed alive and free and young! Age is just another number or hashtag!
- Laugh…cliche as though it is, do it anyway because when you laugh your body releases healing energies and endorphins and good things happen to the body and spirit and mind.
- Play your favorite songs! On repeat! Sing along! Stand on the coffee table and take center stage if you want to. (see #1) George Harrison
- Hug somebody and you’ll both feel good.
- Pet a furry friend. Did you know the frequency of a cat’s purr reduces blood pressure?
Isn’t that cool? And did you know that when a dog sees his human the same endorphins are released that a person has when in love. Dogs have the best hearts don’t they?
- Make art…good bad or in between. Just make it. Get messy. Have fun! (see #1) Use song lyrics, colors that go together, shapes, doodles, lists, glue crap down and color it, make it work. No judging, just loving the process…play your favorite music (see #3)
- Sit down to eat, don’t gobble or rush or eat on the run if you can help it. Make it an event. Eat off a cool plate something shabby chic or colorful with a fun pattern whatever you love and set up the scene…maybe a flower or placemat something that makes it special, instead of just a ham sandwich or if you are like me a jalapeno and spinach whole wheat wrap with sriracha sauce…YUM! eaten standing at the counter in the kitchen. Maybe with music playing (see #3)
- Cook to your music! It will become a meditative experience! (see #3)
- Do the chore you’ve been putting off the longest. I did this just yesterday and man, I have so much more peace today! Just do it, get it over with! Play your music while you do it and sing along! (see #3)
- Go outside and walk around. Spend at least 10 minutes everyday outdoors. Literally stop and smell the honeysuckles or sunflowers. Watch a butterfly or bee in flight.
Breathe in life, exhale stress. Raise your face to the sunshine close your eyes and welcome the warmth for a moment and thank the earth, Mama Nature for sustaining us. Let your bare feet touch the earth for a least a minute or two before slipping back into your shoes and routines.
Remember these are only suggestions (only a few…there will be more next Sunday) and remember Peace is there for you anytime, anywhere.
Have a beautiful day my friend and try to stop by again tomorrow!
Much Peace Love Art 😀